Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

After the Meltdown With Blogger and Life (see prior post)

After all of the tears and pacing the floor I calmed down and got down to trying to figure out how to recover my lost links and all so my blog would return to normal. It isn't back to normal yet, but I did manage to retrieve MOST of the vital information, links and posts that "were my blog as we knew it." Thank goodness. I'm still missing the LOOK of my blog, the colors have changed, I lost my background and my banner...but that is so minor to me now that most of my links and all have been retrieved. My sidebars are normal yet, some photos and links are still missing, but 85 percent I'd say has been retrieved and I feel so much better due to that.

I may work on trying to retrieve the rest of my lost links and all, and work on getting back the LOOK of my blog in the near future. For now though I will leave it be as the last thing I need is to lose everything once more and possibly permanently.

I am unsure as to how I managed to retrieve what I have already...I just kept changing things messing with settings and trying to get blogger to recognize the HTML tat blogger no longer wanted to recognize. Something worked...but I may never know what. Honestly, it doesn't matter what worked it only matters that it did.

Thank you to everyone who visits my blog and for your support in everything. I am so glad all was not lost and I recovered most of my links. As many people know it is the connections with the people behind those links and their blogs that have played a HUGE HUGE role in my staying sane and strong as I've dealt with all of the medical conditions and fought blindness. I was so crushed when I lost those as they have been my foundation through so much.

The blogger storm from yesterday has blown over and I will continue to weather the medical storm as strong as I have over the past years. It will be so much easier now that I know my links to that and those that have given me my strength are back.

WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

Dear Friend,

Wishing you sunny skies ahead, and that Blogger "behaves" for all of us.

Hugs

Miss Jody,

You okay? I worry about you!

Hugs,
Prudence

Great-Granny Grandma said...

So glad you were able to retrieve those links and things. That must have been a huge relief to you. Praying that things will continue looking up for you here on in. (((HUGS)))

di from di-did-it said...

Blogger can sure be challenging, can't it? I'm glad you were able to recover some of your lost stuff.