Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

To Think That I Was Told Blogging Is Fun

Now some of you might be inclined to think there's something wrong with my blog. But frankly, I don't see it. The header, left aligned, seems quite appropriate as does the fact that the little box in the top left hand corner proclaiming "Free Backgrounds..." covers part of my title. I might add that my BLUE background, behind the header, extends quite far to the right of the page covering what should be some of my background. "Accidental?" you may ask. I dare say not, it leaves something to my readers imagination until they scroll down the page revealing the oh so cute background and finally the top of my little birds head. So you think you've noticed too that my little birdie seems to be somewhat cut off? Heavens no, why that's not the case at all. MY little birdie happens to be quite shy and would rather not show her bum. It would ruffle her tail feathers and no one would want to see that. Oh how I could go on pointing out all of the UN-FLAWS of my little blog, like the words overflowing onto parts of the page, but I shan’t 'cuz I can't....take much more of the humiliation. I shudder to think what it must be like for my dear readers. Stay tuned for the next mess I get myself into as I'm sure the saga will continue. As Linda Ronstadt would sing, "Poor, Poor Pitiful Me..." Now I'm off to find where on earth I put that yellow and black copy of "Blogging for Dummies."

11 comments:

Jodi Ohl said...

love the background--it is cute :) I think it has to do with the main style of your blog, this background seems to be for a three column blog-maybe go back into blogger and set up your blog to a different layout and then choose this---warning though, you may loose links you've set up.

I know my blog is a work in progress especially since I'm not a tech junkie-it takes me forever to figure things out.

If you go to my blog, in the left hand corner is a link for another free background site and they separate the three column layouts from the others. You still may have to play with it a bit to make it work, but no fear, practice makes perfect.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Your post gave me such a chuckle, mainly because I could so relate to what you are going through. Seriously though, you seem to be off to a great start. You have a nice background and header.

When I was trying to set up my second blog, I had a similar problem with the header. The picturewas to the left (like yours), and I couldn't get it centered or to go all the way across except by blowing it up so big it fills up the whole screen, which is how I've decided to leave it for now.

And as for the background, I couldn't figure out how to add one--or even change the color of the one I have. So that has stayed the same too.

Malisa said...

I am so honored that you signed up to follow my blog! I just read your post for today...and it is hilarious! I love your writing style! We are going to be great blogging buddies...I can tell!

Malisa

Kerri said...

Jody, I'm wondering if your template might need to be set to minima for this background to work. You might give it a try and see. Every time I have put on a background the instructions told me to set it to minima, but I went to the site where you got yours and it didn't specify in the instructions to do that. Here's how:
1. Sign in to your blog

2. Click on Layout

3. Click on ‘pick a new template.

4. You’ll see a template in the upper left hand corner called ‘minima’. Click the box next to that.

5. Then click the orange ‘save template’ button.

6. Then, you’re done!
Let me know if it works!

Kerri said...

Jody, I went back over to that website and in their questions section they do say it need to be set to minima to show up right.

Zan Asha said...

Actually, I think the blog is lovely--can't quite see what flaws you do with it ;D

The Renaissance Chick said...

Look at this blog...all fixed and fancy! Girl, you are learning!

Malisa

Lola Enchanted said...

I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa said...

Well there definitely is a learning curve to this blog thing, but stick with it, it will get easier and you'll learn new things everday! I've been doing it for almost 2 years and I'm still learning new things. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind wonderful comments that brought a smile to my face!
Smiles-
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Ha, I hear you. I don't know what it is like on blogspot, I'm on wordpress and it is pretty user friendly. You have a cool blog though, nice read. And I want to sign up for your pay it forward cause I imagine you would make something ismply lovely, but I am planning on a pay it forward too but I can't do it right now. Great job, Thanks!

Lydia said...

I think that you are doing a great job! This blogworld techie stuff can snafu on us a few times:)