Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

Pondering Mind - Tick Tock Tic Toc Ti......

As I sit here this morning thinking about everything I need to do and what it is that will and won’t get done, my mind focuses on one thing then shifts to another. It’s always like that for me, thoughts racing a million miles an hour, switching topics and mental images.


If I did and accomplished those gad-zillions of things dancing and interweaving within my brain I would be very happy indeed. In my mind, I am many things and I accomplish a great deal. But in real life…uhg. My days go by to quickly, and I don’t accomplish squat…well, it sure doesn’t seem like squat when you have a list 10 miles long and only the first two are checked off. This is so NOT me, the gal in the picture has a smile on her face and lots of checks on her list.

I came to the conclusion yesterday that if I could be anything it would be one of a set of identical octuplets. Yes, I did say identical. That way there would be eight of me and each could set out on one of the many missions and tasks that lie ahead and get them done. Of course it wouldn’t hurt if each of me were also like an octopus with numerous arms so the multi-tasking we’re programmed to do would be even greater.


Now this ol’ world may not be prepared to handle a lot of me-z running around, but oh how I, myself, would love it indeed. Imagine if you wanted to be in 8 different countries (do we have 8)? I imagined it yesterday and came to the realization that had I been fortunate enough to be one of a set of identical octuplets each one could travel to a separate country and there “I” would be…in all of them at once. The same applies to doing things. I have so many different interests and things I want to do that once again if I were part of an identical set of “me-z” I could do many more of them and be oh so content.


I’ve never known what I wanted to be when I grew up…and trust me…I am now grown up…yet still don’t know. Not that it’s due to a lack of interest ‘cuz boy oh boy do I have interests. I want to be so many things and do so many more. Nothing famous or anything like that. They can take that job and $@#!* it.

I want to run a zoo, an aquarium, an orphanage (I’d love to be Mother Hubbard. No wait, wrong one, that’s the one who went to fetch a bone and there wasn’t one). I want to be the Ol’ Lady That Lived in a Shoe.


I want to be a marine biologist, an electrical engineer, a mechanical engineer, a mathematical engineer ( is there such a thing?), I’d love to be a physicist.


I would also like to be a paralegal ‘cuz I love law. I also love forensics and criminal justice as well. Oh wait, one more…I’d love to save the world. Several things always gets in the way of that though. Not rich enough, not smart enough and I for darn sure haven’t figured out how to save the world when I can’t even save myself from the world.

Yeah, you get the idea! Trust me my list doesn’t end there. The only thing I don’t want to be is a lady in a dress! No way, nope, not going to happen. I don’t want no dress or high heels slowing me down. Besides I need my ankles and I certainly don’t care for those breezes and drafts.


Did I mention I’d like to write a book, be in the X- games (on a motorcycle of course) and go in front of our legislatures and get someone to sponsor some legislation and get some d*!m laws changed?


Which brings me to another thought - split personalities or multiple ones as well. None evil or nothing like that all angelic and energetic, too. Now wouldn’t that be fun. We’d never be lonely or alone and we could play all kinds of games that take more than one player. I love games!
Monopoly anyone?

13 comments:

Kerri said...

Wow! You have a lof of interests! I think you should become at least on eof them. maybe,you could draw from a hat. I have struggled with what I want to be when I grow up too. Right now I'm happy to be a soapmaker becasue I can be home with my kids and I love doing it. And maybe someday I'll have my own store and this will actually support my family!

Sarah Sullivan said...

LOL girl!!! I'm soooo with you here!! Took me years to narrow it down - I think I'm and artist...
Are you a Libra by chance?? Giggle!
Hug, Sarah

Great-Granny Grandma said...

I loved reading this post, and chuckled at the many things in it I could so relate to. I don't think I'd like to be identical octuplets though, or an octupus. LOL

Stef H said...

Take it one day at a time and enjoy each day that you wake up and have. We all have dreams and hopes but the greatest one is life! You wake up every morning just so you can dream all those wonderful dreams.

And you are a great writer and storyteller! This was a wonderful experience.

Hugs,

Haunted Swamp Designs said...

Awww you sound like me! Are we twins? Days go by turning to weeks and months....and the list is still there!!!!

Dawn said...

Too funny! Even funnier...too true!

Jamie Lott said...

Thanks for your compliments on my crown. It is always so nice to get a visit from you!

If you figure out how to clone yourself, please let me know. I need about 7 more of me as well!

Nadine said...

Dear Jody,
Thank you for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway - I shall let you know if you win - best wishes!

Melissa said...

I got a chuckle out of this post, for I too have many interests and sometimes I think I missed my true calling in life. I've played it too safe...in my next life, I won't that's for sure! I think you should be a writer. Actually,I could see this this post turned into a children's book.
Thanks for visiting my blog and posting the necklace on your website. I liked to you also.
Smiles-
Melissa

DellaRae said...

I would love for you to participate in my Trick or Treat Surprize. Please send me your address and I will send you your evil little jack-o'-lantern. Sending your pay it forward items in August will be fine.

Beedeebabee said...

Gosh...you are SOOO funny, and I can relate to it all!!! The days just whiz by so fast, and I wonder where the time goes, and why I'm not getting anything done! I still want to be Cinderella, but it's not happening!

I wanted to give you a big "thank you" for visiting my new blog, for adding my badge to your blog, and for all your sweetness!!!! Good luck on my giveaway!

Hugs and smiles, Paulette :o)

Lydia said...

Love the post. You penned it. I do feel this way many times.:D Lydia

Janee said...

oh how fun you are! I am looking forward to following your adventures :0) Thank you for commenting on my blog post and for mentioning my giveaway!
~Janee
Blinkles Boulevard